Sunday, April 27, 2014

Belated Farewells

So I’ve been home safely for over a week, but just haven’t had time to wrap all this up. I think as a sort of conclusion, I’ll do a run down of some statistics. Because you know I kind of adore statistics. 

Schools visited: Princeton, Brown, Harvard, Amherst, Mount Holyoke, Dartmouth, Columbia
List of colleges I’m currently planning on applying to: Princeton, Dartmouth, Clemson 
Colleges I need to look into: Duke, Elon, Davidson, other small colleges in SC
States visited: (North Carolina) New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont

Total miles traveled: 2,294 miles

Transportation counts:

taxi:3
metro: 2
plane: 2
rental cars: 3
trains: 5
bus: 1

Some quick awards:
Best meal: Dinner in Amherst ties with dinner in Dartmouth for tastiest thing ever
Best bed: AMHERST
Worst leg: the 7 hours we spent taking the train from Amherst to New York. Oh my goodness.
Best town: Dartmouth. Duh. I guess technically Hanover, then. It was so quaint and picturesque, but I'm still afraid I'd get cabin fever up there over winter. 
Worst weather: Brown. Ew.
Best weather: Columbia, NY
Favorite form of transport: For this girl who gets motion sick in math class if the desk is uneven? Walking. On flat ground. 
Number One: Princeton. The campus, the dance, the location, just yes. 



Overall, it was a fabulous trip and I’m excited to continue exploring all the possibilites these next few years hold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment